Definition of HONESTY
- obsolete : chastity
- a : fairness and straightforwardness of conduct b : adherence to the facts : sincerity
- any of a genus (Lunaria) of European herbs of the mustard family with toothed leaves and flat disk-shaped siliques
Examples of HONESTY
- She is admired for her kindness and her honesty.
- He demands honesty from everyone who works for him.
- He didn't even have enough honesty to tell me he was leaving.
Related to HONESTY
Synonyms: integrity, probity, truthfulness, veracity, verity
Antonyms: deceit, deceitfulness, dishonesty, lying, mendaciousness, mendacity, untruthfulness